I finally finished my first journal page (week 1) for Life Book. Well, my second attempt for week 1. Life Book is in week 17, so I am a bit behind. That’s OK. I’ll get there. Here is a little collage of my page.
I love quotes. I started keeping a journal of quotes in college and have continued to record quotes on scraps of paper and in journals. I find that quotes can spark creativity or just prompt reflection.
The following are some of my favorite quotes.
“Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” George Bernard Shaw
“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” Lao Tzu
“Hope is the thing with feathers, That perches in the soul, And sings the tune without the words, And never stops at all.” Emily Dickinson, LXXXIX
“A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves – a special kind of double.” Toni Morrison
“We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace.” Peggy Tabor Millin
“Kindness is the language in which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” Mark Twain
I find Famous Quotes and Authors to be an excellent online resource for quotes. I also gather quotes from books, magazines, TV/movies, and even Pinterest.
If you have a favorite quote, please share.
1. Vegetables are best fresh from the garden and cooked on the grill.
2. Vintage mason jars; love them.
3. How wonderful it is that Spring has arrived.
4. The Help is a book I’d love to recommend.
5. Using leftovers: I like to bring to work for lunch.
6. Weekends make me incredibly happy!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to possibly working on a second pair of booties, tomorrow my plans include going to the bookstore to look for a gardening book, sewing a baby sling, and doing a little local exploring with my hubby, and Sunday I want to bake for my sister’s baby shower!
1. Speed through the day to get to the weekend.
2. This weekend is what I’ve been looking forward to!
3. One of the things I like most about traveling is experiencing something new.
4. Sunshine makes me think about being outside.
5. A road trip down the coast would be so much fun.
6. Grilled chicken sausages and asparagus is what I had for dinner last night. Yummy!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to watching a movie, tomorrow my plans include spending the day with my hubby and Sunday, I want to sew baby booties!
8. Monday is a company holiday and I’m looking forward to having time to myself to do whatever my heart desires.