I finally finished my first journal page (week 1) for Life Book. Well, my second attempt for week 1. Life Book is in week 17, so I am a bit behind. That’s OK. I’ll get there. Here is a little collage of my page.
I love quotes. I started keeping a journal of quotes in college and have continued to record quotes on scraps of paper and in journals. I find that quotes can spark creativity or just prompt reflection.
The following are some of my favorite quotes.
“Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” George Bernard Shaw
“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” Lao Tzu
“Hope is the thing with feathers, That perches in the soul, And sings the tune without the words, And never stops at all.” Emily Dickinson, LXXXIX
“A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves – a special kind of double.” Toni Morrison
“We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace.” Peggy Tabor Millin
“Kindness is the language in which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” Mark Twain
I find Famous Quotes and Authors to be an excellent online resource for quotes. I also gather quotes from books, magazines, TV/movies, and even Pinterest.
If you have a favorite quote, please share.
1. Vegetables are best fresh from the garden and cooked on the grill.
2. Vintage mason jars; love them.
3. How wonderful it is that Spring has arrived.
4. The Help is a book I’d love to recommend.
5. Using leftovers: I like to bring to work for lunch.
6. Weekends make me incredibly happy!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to possibly working on a second pair of booties, tomorrow my plans include going to the bookstore to look for a gardening book, sewing a baby sling, and doing a little local exploring with my hubby, and Sunday I want to bake for my sister’s baby shower!
1. Speed through the day to get to the weekend.
2. This weekend is what I’ve been looking forward to!
3. One of the things I like most about traveling is experiencing something new.
4. Sunshine makes me think about being outside.
5. A road trip down the coast would be so much fun.
6. Grilled chicken sausages and asparagus is what I had for dinner last night. Yummy!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to watching a movie, tomorrow my plans include spending the day with my hubby and Sunday, I want to sew baby booties!
8. Monday is a company holiday and I’m looking forward to having time to myself to do whatever my heart desires.
I was finally able to redo my page for week 1 of Life Book. I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that my paper wasn’t holding up for watercolors. My new paper, which is Arches Watercolor (Cold Pressed – 140 lbs), is much better for the watercolors and mixed media. I didn’t like the page at first, but I kept working on it. It isn’t exactly what I wanted; however, my technique improved during the process and I figured out what to do differently in the future.
It’s time to finish this page and move on to week 3.
1. Spring has sprung.
2. Be strong and true.
3. I forgot to wake up this morning!
4. This veggie wrap is delicious!
5. Heads, shoulders, knees and toes.
6. Walking is my favorite form of exercise when it’s warm enough out not to wear a coat!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to spending time with my husband, tomorrow my plans include shopping, cleaning, and sewing, and Sunday, I want to paint!
Here are my top ten from recent days/weeks:
1. I am gearing up to sew some baby gifts for my unborn nephew, Carter. Picked up some adorable elephant fabric last weekend and picked out a couple of patterns from Handmade Beginnings: 24 Sewing Projects to Welcome Baby.
2. I’ve been working with my mother to plan a baby shower for my sister. We have some scrumptious food, fun games, and wonderful gifts planned.
3. Big birthday’s this year. We are attending a few parties for friends. I am busy making plans for my husband.
4. I have been obsessing over decorating our home. It’s not easy to come up with a color scheme and find the items you have imagined.
5. I am itching to work on my Life Book. We are well into week 10 and I am redoing my pages for week 1 and week 2. My paper wasn’t appropriate and I had to search for better quality paper.
6. Making plans with my mother-in-law to go bead shopping while our men watch college wrestling next weekend. I haven’t beaded in quite some time. I hope to find some gems to inspire me.
7. I am reading City of Veils by Zoe Ferraris for mystery book club. I am enjoying this book. I hear that Finding Nouf, also by Zoe Ferraris, is quite good.
8. I am listening to Shanghai Girls by Lisa See, author of Snow Flower and the Secret Fan.
9. I am also listening to A Game of Thrones (A Song of Fire and Ice, Book 1). I watched Season 1 of Game of Thrones on HBO. I am anxiously waiting for Season 2 to begin in April.
10. Our Dew-boy continues to snuggle with us in bed at night.
Here are the top ten highlights from my life in recent days/months:
1. We moved into our condo on December 31, 2011. Happy New Year! I love our new home and town.
2. I have my own studio space. No more cramming supplies into a coat closet.
3. I signed up for Life Book, which can be found at http://willowing.ning.com. I created a dream board page and started on the “Celebrating our Goddess Superpowers” lesson.
4. My sister is pregnant with a baby boy.
5. I finally made the fabric case for my father-in-law’s portable speaker, which was intended to be a Christmas gift, but was thwarted by our move.
6. We booked our family trip to the Dominican Republic. I am beyond excited.
7. My husband bought me a beautiful bouquet for Valentine’s Day.
8. I went to a wine tasting my best friend that she found on Living Social. The tasting was a bust, but we had a great time together, as always.
9. I got the Kindle touch. Purchased the Kindle Fire first, but it didn’t live up to my expectations. Crazy, right?
10. Best of all, my life has been filled with happiness and laughter.
1. Finally, I made the case for my father-in-law’s portable speaker.
2. Two flights of stairs sure takes some getting used to!
3. Dad says: You can do it.
4. Doodle bug is my favorite nick name for Dewey.
5. It took a long time, but we are finally homeowners.
6. My studio is already messy, though I wouldn’t have it any other way.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to dinner with family, tomorrow my plans include visiting Providence with my husband and Sunday, I want to create and read!
This is the second time that I have seen this video. Obviously it is resonating with a lot of people and I felt it worthy to share here.